Bilberries have been used as a food for many centuries and are valued for their taste and high nutritional content. In WWII, British Royal Air Force pilots noticed that their night vision seemed to improve after consuming bilberries or bilberry preserve, sparking a renewed interest in the medicinal properties of the fruit.
Mechanism of Action
Bilberry has been used for centuries for problems relating to circulation. Bilberry helps to strengthen capillary walls due to the presence of a group of bioflavonoids, called anthocyanosides, found in the plant. The anthocyanadins are of specific benefit to the health of the eyes, as they can protect the capillaries of the eyes from damage. Tompson's Bilberry 12000 60 Capsules is a rich source of antioxidants, assisting in decreasing the risk of cell damage attributed to free radicals. Free radicals have been implicated in the development and progression of cataracts and other eye conditions.
• May assist blood circulation
• May assist capillary and circulatory health
• Assists in maintaining healthy eye function
• May play a role in assisting visual perception, particularly at night
• Bilberry may also be useful in aiding fine detail work and glare sensitivity
• Bilberry is a rich source of antioxidants, assisting in decreasing the risk of cell damage attributed to free radicals
• Free radicals have been implicated in the development and progression of cataracts and other eye conditions
Concentrated herbal extract equivalent to fresh Bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus) fruit 12g (12,000mg)
♦ Direction for use:
Adults – One capsule daily with food or as professionally prescribed
♦ Precautions and contra-indications:
If taking medications check with your health professional before taking Bilberry. Not to be taken in pregnancy unless prescribed by a health practitioner.